It’s no easy task choosing the songs you want played on your wedding day. The night tends to fly by in a flash so it takes lots of narrowing down beforehand to make sure your favorites get played on your special night.
Popular wedding songs change from year to year, and quite drastically from one decade to the next. It’s a good idea to have some popular songs from different eras to satisfy the masses, as well as some personal favorites you and your partner hold dear to your heart.
Deciding when to play your chosen songs can also be difficult but is important to set the mood for the night. Typically a favorite slow song is appropriate for walking down the aisle and for the first dance as a married couple. Pick some fast dance tunes for later in the night when everyone’s ready to let loose and get the party started. A sentimental song for a photo slideshow will certainly produce some teary eyes and lasting memories.
From the start of the new millennium to the current day we’ve seen a range of popular wedding songs just as diverse as decades past.
Top 10 Wedding Songs from 2000-2013
- Jason Mraz – I’m Yours (Released 2008)
- Beyonce – Single Ladies (Released 2008)
- Cee Lo Green – Forget You (Released 2010)
- The Lumineers – Ho Hey (Released 2012)
- Bruno Mars – Marry You (Released 2010)
- Adele – Make You Feel My Love (Released 2008)
- Ed Sheeran – Give Me Love (Released 2012)
- Angus & Julia Stone – Big Jet Plane (Released 2010)
- Black Eyed Peas – I Gotta Feeling (Released 2009)
- Enrique Iglesias – Hero (Released 2001)